- Challenges for Enterprises in the Cloud Cheaper, better and faster are the new trends in any computer or business IT solutions, which makes the hybrid cloud the perfect fit. Hybrid clouds perform by allowing IT to manage workload assignment from and between the private and the commercial public cloud. For startup businesses that are rapidly growing, cloud computing is the […]
- Business Enterprise Spends More on Cloud Platform as PC Sales Drop
Earning period begins next week as the Christmas season nears these coming months. This is projected for the giant US cloud computing companies as fast growing Web and social networking players increase their purchasing behavior of media hardware to prepare for the expected swell of customer buying in the coming months.
This trend, however, […]
- China’s Alibaba and Yunfeng Capital Launch Cloud Computing Fund
A unit of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group and fund Yunfeng Capital have jointly announced the setup of a CNY1 billion ($157 million) fund to invest in cloud-computing companies and developers that make applications for a mobile-device operating system from Alibaba.
In July, subsidiary Alibaba Cloud Computing unveiled its Aliyun OS, a Linux-based operating […]
- The Business Case for Integrated Demand Generation
Most marketers did not enter their profession to analyze data and build process. They want to develop strong brands, build creative campaigns and deliver compelling content. The new requirement for marketing analytics and automation is no longer a ‘nice to have’. Measurement is not simply about revenue justification; it is the means by which […]
- Oracle Offers to Buy RightNow for $1.5 billion
Oracle said it plans to buy online customer service company RightNow Technologies for approximately $1.5 billion. The world’s second- largest software maker is looking to add software that helps companies serve customers using call centers, Internet and social networks. This would be Oracle’s biggest purchase […]
- US Government teams up with Facebook to Help Job Seekers
Last week Labor Secretary Hilda Solis announced a partnership with Facebook designed to facilitate employment for America’s jobless through the use of social networks.
The Social Jobs Partnership will launch a central Page on Facebook that hosts resources, and content designed to help job seekers and employers (facebook.com/socialjobs). Facebook will launch public […]
- Yahoo Sale Speculation Intensifies – Google and Others Showing Interest
Yahoo’s recent management shakeup and the run up in the stock price add to the speculation flying around about a bid for the company by industry titans.
The most recent rumors indicate that Google may help finance a possible deal by others to acquire Yahoo. According to the Wall Street Journal, unnamed source familiar […]
- Groupon Sets Nov 4 IPO Values Company at $11.4 Billion
- New Cloud Identity Summit in San Francisco
Ping Identity announced today that it is hosting a special Cloud Identity Summit in partnership with Google. The event will take place on Nov 3 from 1:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and will include experts in cloud identity, security and enterprise who will discuss what the future holds for securing the enterprise, […]
- PHP meets the Cloud with PHPCloud.com for Cloud App Development
For the millions of developers who are looking to develop for the cloud,Zend Technologies announced today phpcloud.com, an innovative technology platform and partner ecosystem using Amazon Web Services for cloud application development and delivery. Developers looking to tap the dynamic and elastic nature of the cloud and the agility of PHP […]
- The Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends According to Gartner
Yesterday at the Gartner Symposium, David Cearley listed the top ten technology trends that Gartner believes will impact Human, Business and IT Experiences in the coming year.
1- Media tablets: Cearley expects people will increase their use of phones and media tablets and no single platform, form factor, or […]
- New Network Models for the Cloud Platform
The OpenStack Developer’s Summit held in Boston was a display of how the open-source community makes serious efforts to create a statement in the cloud community. This was clearly displayed by the jam-packed rooms when the Quantum network services project was introduced.
Quantum is relevant to cloud computing because of its virtual networking platform. […]
- Cloud Storage: Flash Memory Continues Disruption
Fusion-io took center stage in the recent Oracle OpenWorld to introduce its new product, Project Lightning Card. Its flash storage capacity from the storage side has been upgraded to double size from its previous capability. Flash data storage remains to be obliging and at the same time disruptive much like an enterprise puzzle. The […]
- REMINDER: Cloud Mafia on Wednesday
The long awaited second gathering of Cloud Mafia is coming up. Easily the most fun cloud event in the Bay Area. Don’t miss it.
Wednesday, October 19 · 6:00pm – 9:00pm
750 Harrison St
San Francisco, CA
6 to 7pm Networking
7 to 7:30pm Welcome/Introductions
7:30-to 10pm Networking/Party
Google Close to Launching Cloud-Based Music Store According to multiple music industry sources Google is getting ready to launch an MP3 music store in just a few weeks. The MP3 music store will connect to Google’s existing cloud-based music storage service.
Google introduced five months ago its […]