Small and Medium sized businesses can take a lot of benefit from embracing business cloud solutions. Cloud platforms allow SMEs to compete in the cloud giant-controlled environment, and gives the level playing field required to succeed in business.
Some small and medium companies are yet to fully realize the advantages that cloud solutions can provide. In the meantime, hundreds of cloud vendors are preparing for the expected major upswing in popularity among cloud services for SMEs and for private consumers as well.
Business Development Director Paul Bryce of Node4 stated that one of the most important benefits of cloud computing is the extensive environment that gives enough leverage for SMEs to compete with the giants in the industry. With VMware, EMC and Cisco as one among the many cloud partners, SMEs can have the most cost-effective, yet very efficient IT infrastructure.
SMEs today usually begin with the simple email cloud solutions without knowing that they are already reaching for the cloud. Others seek file sharing platforms that work like Google Drive and Dropbox. It is the aim of these companies to grow the business without the need for a new equipment or infrastructure that gets outdated easily. Not to mention that physical IT requires more maintenance and control.
“They don’t want to manage that equipment any more, it’s just too intensive from a resource perspective and from a monetary perspective, and it’s inflexible, as it won’t adapt itself to companies during a time of expansion. With an on-demand infrastructure you can start with what you need today without worrying about tomorrow or the day after because the cloud can scale with you as and when needed,” Bryce said.
Advantages of the Cloud for SMEs
For SMEs that do not know the benefits of the cloud yet, here are at least 6 reasons why embracing this new platform gives a kick for the business:
- Up-to-date cloud software solutions without placing too much cost on the business.
- Availability of unlimited data storage from the cloud, which can be expanded anytime
- Access to data from anywhere and anytime means portability and flexibility; giving more time and effort to be placed on business strategies and solutions.
- Sophisticated and high levels of security protocol that ensure business and data protection.
- Better business performance due to the portability, flexibility, efficiency and productivity that cloud provides.
- Simplified back-end data management and control using automatic cross referencing and reconciliation cloud features.
TagsAmazon Apple aws Big Data big data analytics big data solutions cloud Cloud computing cloud management Cloud Marketing cloud news cloud provider cloud providers Cloud Security CRM data center management Dev & Design Enterprise Enterprise Marketing ERP Gartner Google Government HP hybrid cloud IaaS ibm IDC Infrastructure-as-a-service microsoft mobile apps mobile cloud Openstack PaaS platform-as-a-service Private Cloud Public Cloud rackspace SaaS Salesforce.com Social Media software-as-a-service virtualization vmware weekly digest