GigaSpace Technologies, a virtual application platform provider, is launching an updated version of its cloud-enabled application platform, aimed specifically at enterprise platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and independent software vendor (ISV) software-as-a-service (SaaS) enablement.
“We’re excited to announce this new up-and-coming GigaSpaces platform, which is truly unique in that it offers an exclusive silo-free architecture to customers building their PaaS or SaaS environments, enabling them to gain unprecedented efficiencies and fast time to market,” says Adi Paz, executive vice-president of marketing and development GigaSpaces. “This new product offers a field-proven technology, minimizing the risks associated with the cloud, making former ‘mission impossibles’ very possible indeed.”
According to Adi Paz , the second generation of GigaSpace’s CEAP, combines the company’s eXtreme Application Platform with the tools that enterprises and ISVs need to ease the development of platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service apps, allowing companies to build components that can scale up and down to meet fluctuating customer demands with consistent speed and reliability.
According the Marketwire, the second-generation product particularly targeted at private and hybrid cloud-based solutions includes:
- Silo-free architecture that is a converged end-to-end application and data environment enabling cross-stack elasticity, multi-tenancy, unified SLA-driven performance, central management and simplifying development and operational processes.
- Cross-stack fine-grained multi-tenancy from the web tier down to the customer and data object levels that is user, data and application policy-driven. This provides easy management and monitoring through a comprehensive management console enabling full control, security, and crystal clear visibility over all of the multi-tenancy aspects of the application.
- Built-in DevOps to uniformly manage and automate the lifecycle of the entire application middleware and its resources, dramatically reducing operational and development complexity.
- Out-of-the-box third-party middleware management (e.g. Tomcat, Cassandra, JMS) that automates and manages all application middleware services during deployment and in production.
- Openness, providing effortless portability, multi-language and multi-middleware support, along with easy integration with existing processes and systems for private, public, and hybrid clouds.
The GigaSpaces ISV SaaS and enterprise PaaS enablement platform is scheduled to be released in Q2 2011. All the new cloud-enablement features will be available to existing customers already using GigaSpaces eXtreme Application Platform (XAP) solutions for enterprise scaling as easily integrated add-ons.
GigaSpaces Technologies is the pioneer of a new generation of virtualized application platforms and a leading provider of end-to-end scaling solutions for distributed, mission-critical application environments, and cloud enabling technologies. GigaSpaces is the only platform in the market that offers a truly silo-free architecture, along with operational agility and openness, delivering enhanced efficiency, extreme performance, and always-on availability. Our offering includes solutions for enterprise application scaling and enterprise PaaS and SaaS enablement that are designed from the ground up to run on any cloud environment – private, public, or hybrid – and offers a pain-free, evolutionary path to meet tomorrow’s IT challenges. Hundreds of organizations worldwide have been leveraging GigaSpaces’ technology, among which are global Fortune 500 companies, including top financial service enterprises, e-commerce companies, online gaming providers, and telecom carriers.