The results of the 2011 State of Cloud Computing survey were released today by BitNami, Cloud.com and Zenoss. The 500 users were surveyed during the last few months. The purpose of the survey was to discern trends in cloud computing usage and preferences for deploying virtual infrastructure.
Quick survey results:
- Only 20% respondents have no plans to develop a cloud computing strategy
- Dedicated hardware usage is preferred to public cloud infrastructure
- Virtualization is very popular.
- Hardware savings perceived as the biggest benefit of cloud computing
- 69% of respondents use open source software whenever possible and only 3% avoid it entirely.
- 83% use Linux in the cloud.