- Adobe Creative Cloud Now on Subscription Scheme A statement from an Info-Tech analyst revealed what was to be the most overbearing announcement from Adobe MAX. It said that Adobe would soon release its new cloud development in data merger and collaboration; this will be called Adobe Creative Cloud.This new product from Adobe, Inc. will make content integration and device sharing […]
- Virgin Media, UK’s Biggest Cable TV Provider Joins the Cloud
The largest Television Cable provider in UK, Virgin Media have decided recently to explore other income generating potential for the company. It will use its current fiber optic cable network as its leverage to venture into a cloud-based data center business.
The vision for the cloud will be shared with business partner Savvis, an […]
- GetApp.com Secures $1.1M from Nauta Capital
GetApp.com, the fastest growing independent online marketplace for cloud-based business applications, announced today that it is has secured $1.1 million in funding from Nauta Capital (Nauta). Nauta has invested in GetApp.com from its recently launched $150M Nauta III fund.
This funding will allow GetApp.com to further establish its online channel leadership position […]
- Red Hat Acquires Gluster, Inc. for $136 Million
Recently, Red Hat, Inc. announced its acquisition of Gluster, Inc., a Nexus Ventures supported company. Gluster, Inc. is a provider of scalable, open source cloud storage solutions, which was acquired at $136 million dollars.
The negotiation is to be sealed within this month with Red Hat assuming all of Gluster’s equity balances on the […]
- Google and Microsoft War Heats Up The arena continues to heat up between giant rivals, Google and Microsoft as they persist on dominating the cloud market.
The giants already reached the level of public war as they tirade a combat of words to each other. They are both seriously wooing government agencies, schools and universities and all types of businesses […]
- CloudTimes Sponsors Cloud Mafia, Founded by Loggly, DotCloud and NewRelic
CloudTimes is proud to announce our sponsorship of Cloud Mafia, a cloud community created by Loggly, DotCloud and NewRelic. The next event will take place on October 19th in San Francisco and is not to be missed.
Next event: Wednesday, October 19 · 6:00pm – 9:00pm
750 Harrison St
San Francisco, CA
- iCloud Will be Out on October 12
iCloud features and applications will run smoothly with iPad, iPod, iPhone, Mac or PC to store its contents and to share it within these devices. Storage of all files, pictures, music, calendars, apps […]
- Cloud Computing Seen to Boost the Global Economy
Cloud computing used to be a trend that is common word for IT fanatics, but now is viewed as a tactical strategy to boost business sales and performance. Managers and professionals now agree that cloud computing is referred to as a strategic IT solution that can provide quick answers to business technical problems. It […]
- Oracle Convention Hits San Francisco by Storm
Last Monday was havoc for commuters of San Francisco as the major thoroughfares were closed to traffic and 129,000 square feet of tents stood in the middle of the busy streets. It was not a political party campaign or a riot, but the Oracle Open World Convention that launched the new version of iPhone. […]
Cloud Hosting – Platform, Infrastructure and Software as a Service
The undeniable benefits associated with cloud hosting continue to attract businesses that are looking to enhance operational efficiency in conjunction with lowering IT related costs.
While the dedicated server environment still maintains substantial market share, it is becoming increasingly difficult […]
- Be Ready for Oracle’s Big Data Appliance with NoSQL and Hadoop
Oracle was previously perceived as slow moving in terms of its readiness and transformation for the new era of the cloud. But finally, it broke the silence last Monday at the OpenWorld 2011 event when it announced its most recent and most important product release, the Oracle Big Data Appliance. This new cloud technology […]