- What You Shouldn’t Miss at SXSW – 6 Major Trends
Scheduled March 8-12, the 2013 SXSW Interactive Festivalwill feature five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative […]
- CSA Report: Top Nine Cloud Security Threats in 2013
Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), a non-profit industry organization that promotes the protection techniques in the cloud, has recently updated its list of the top threats of cloud in the report entitled “The Notorious Nine Cloud Computing Top Threats in 2013”.
CSA indicates that the report reflects the consensus of the experts on the […]
- Controlling Data Growth and Managing Complexity with Virtual Databases
IDC claims that “development and test databases remain an area of astonishing waste in terms of both storage and staffing costs at many organizations.”
Database copies fulfill requirements across the application development lifecycle, data warehousing and reporting needs. These full copies of production databases often consume far more storage and require resources to complete manual […]
- PCI Security Standards Council Warns of Cloud Payment Security Issues
Traders and users who want to use cloud, smartphones and tablets as mobile payment devices card processing should be cautious and wait for the availability of greater protection techniques. It is a recommendation of the PCI Security Standards Council, which considers that, in its current stage, these systems introduce new security challenges.
- Rackspace Survey: Cloud Computing Helps Startups Increase Profits
Study of cloud computing among 1,300 U.S. and U.K. executives, conducted by Rackspace Hosting with support from Manchester Business School in the U.K., found that cloud technologies enable significant budgetary savings.
The objective of this study was to determine whether to allow companies to reduce the cloud computing technology budgets, and determine where […]
- IBM is Betting Big on its Mobile Strategy with MobileFirst
The Big Blue Company gave a big boost to its strategy of market penetration of services and solutions for managing mobile fleets (Mobile Device Management). The group plans to expand its range of solutions management and security of mobile devices and services BYOD.
As part of the strategy, IBM announced MobileFirst, a new brand […]
- Berg Insight: Mobile App Downloads To Reach 108 Billion By…
- IBM Introduces New Security Solutions for Big Data, Mobility
- CDW Survey: Mobile Applications and Devices Promote Adoption
- Ovum Study: The Market for Mobile Business Intelligence is…
- Synergy 2012 Recap: Citrix Unveils Tools and Solutions for…
- Big Data is Accelerating Health Apps
Health applications are now taking advantage of big data. A lot of developers are also creating health care applications for mobile users. People are now aware that they have to get rid of their bad habits so that they can stay healthy. As […]
- CDW Survey: Mobile Applications and Devices Promote Adoption of Cloud Computing
In the “2013 State of the Cloud Report”, CDW found out that about 75% of its respondents have this notion that the personal use of mobile devices and applications by employees influence how businesses take advantage of cloud computing. 68% of the respondents said that organizations have decided to adopt cloud computing […]
- News Digest March 3, 2013
The Most Secure VPN to the CloudMost corporations subscribe and work through computer networks in order for their day-to-day operations to be accomplished. It is also a fact that the internet is widely patronized for research and even communications.
However, the internet is not a secure […]